The Power of Mindfulness During Challenging Times
Time & Location
About the Event
Stress is an inevitable part of modern life, but during these unsettling times of COVID-19 and sheltering in place, family members and leaders are facing more uncertainty and anxiety than usual. One of the important tools we can use in these unsettling times is mindfulness meditation. Practicing mindfulness can help us reduce stress, manage anxiety and contribute positivity to our emotional well-being. As leaders at work and at home, meditation can help you be the calm amidst the chaos of corona.
Join Wynn Burkett for a presentation on how meditation can support you at work and at home. We’ll talk about what mindfulness is and why it’s important as well as how mindfulness can help you stay calm, hopeful and focused. We’ll also provide an opportunity to meditate, so you can experience it firsthand. Whether you’re new to mindfulness meditation or are a seasoned practitioner, this presentation will provide a place to pause, breathe, and tap into your innate strength and equanimity.
In Partnership with ABD Insurance
- Wynn Burkett, Certified Career & Executive Coach; Author of The Power of Mindful Parenting
- Jill Hetherington, Senior Vice President, ABD Insurance
- Kendall Wilkinson, Owner, Kendall Wilkinson Design
- Matt Cahill, President, Percipio Company
- Christy Chin, Board Chair, Benetech
- Alvin Tillery, Assoc. Professor, Northwestern University
- Marjan Nasser, VP Product Management, Wells Fargo
- Christine Leong Connors, Managing Director, J.P.Morgan Private Bank
- Greg Ott, CEO, Nav, Inc.
- Ingrid Velmonte, Finance Director, SharesPost
- Rogan Kersh, Provost, Wake Forest University
- Elise Lelon, Managing Director, Plum Alley & The You Business