Time & Location
May 24, 2023, 1:56 PM – 2:01 PM PDT
About the Event
Please note- one ticket includes both sessions:
Part I: Thursday, May 18, 9:00-10:30 AM PST | 12:00-1:30 PM EST
Part II: Thursday, May 26, 9:00-10:30 AM PST | 12:00-1:30 PM EST
Do you take pride in making your own money?
Investing in startups can be a gamechanger for your financial future, allowing you to build wealth and deploy your capital in direct accordance with your values. Too often, though, women don't participate, leaving lifelong upsides on the table.
How Women Invest has opened the eyes of hundreds of women through this class taught by Nancy Hayes.
Nancy has served as a senior executive at the IBM Corporation, CEO of 2 social services non-profit organizations, Dean of the College of Business at San Francisco State University, and then Vice President of Finance / CFO of that university. She co-founded a crowdfunding site for women with small businesses. She is an active angel investor with a portfolio of more than 25 women-led companies and serves as a mentor to many entrepreneurs.
Part I: May 18, 9:00-10:30 AM PST | 12:00-1:30 PM EST
- Angels and VCs – who they are and how they work
- Who is eligible to be an angel investor and risks/considerations
- How to determine how much to set aside for investing in startups
- What kinds of companies angels and VCs invest in
- Status of women funders and women founders
Part II: May 26, 9:00-10:30 AM PST | 12:00-1:30 PM EST
- The Funding Process
- Valuation – how investors determine the company’s value
- Capitalization Tables
- Forms of Investment – Equity, Convertible Notes, SAFEs
General Admission$80.00+$2.00 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out