Wed, Nov 15|
Virtual Event Series
Nonprofit Board Accelerator: Elevate Your Skills & Find Your Match
Gain tools and insight into best practices in nonprofit board governance in this two-part series.
Time & Location
Nov 15, 2023, 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM PST
Virtual Event Series
About the Event
Please note- one ticket includes both sessions:
- Part I: Wednesday, November 15th from 12:00 - 2:30 PM PT/3 - 5:30 AM ET
- Part II: Thursday, November 30th from 12:00 - 2:30 PM PT/ 3 - 5:30 PM ET
Board service in the nonprofit sector offers huge benefits to senior leaders - from making a contribution to a greater mission to building skills in board governance. And yet, many nonprofit leaders, whether board members or executives, do not come into their positions with experience or training in board governance. If you are a nonprofit board director, are seeking a nonprofit board opportunity, or if you are an Executive Director managing a board, this two-part interactive program is designed for you. Through this series, you will:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of nonprofit board members.
- Gain insight into differentiating operational v. governance decisions.
- Understand the diversity of nonprofits and how to identify the best organizational match based on the mission, maturity, and structure.
- Build board skills on the power of generative questions and best practices in board in effective board structures and continuity.
- Participate in a nonprofit match speed-networking module to meet and learn from nonprofit executives with board openings.
Don't miss out on this chance to elevate your skills and discover potential board matches.
About the Sessions:
- November 15th: Patricia Murillo will delve into the "Nuts & Bolts of Board Governance," providing essential insights and guidance on effective nonprofit board management.
- November 30th: Tuti Scott will explore "The Power of Generative Questions in Board Governance," offering a fresh perspective on fostering productive discussions and decision-making within nonprofit boards.
About the Speakers:
Patricia Murillo is a social impact leader, strategist, and powerful learning facilitator. With twenty-five years of progressive leadership in the nonprofit sector, she has effectively led organizations and initiatives to greater impact. As a first-generation Latina who came up from working the fields in Watsonville, she has been on a mission to provide support and opportunities for marginalized communities to give back to the many hands that uplifted her throughout her education and career. Patricia has consulted, coached, and facilitated hundreds of leaders globally towards building pragmatic and inspired long-range plans, strengthening board capacity, and supporting leadership development in multiple formats.
Tuti B. Scott, is the Founder of Changemaker Strategies, as well as a speaker, author, strategist and coach to leaders and teams. She is the producer of “Women & Money - Making Money Moves that Matter”, an event and community focused on turning knowledge into action in the social justice investing space. Tuti is a founding partner in The New Search Collaborative, a high touch comprehensive search firm offering matches of the highest caliber. Recently, Tuti served for 18 months as Interim CEO at Tides, a global foundation and social venture accelerator, during the organization’s unprecedented growth to mobilize $1.3 billion in 2020.
Nov 15: Patricia Murillo will delve into the "Nuts & Bolts of Board Governance," providing essential insights and guidance on effective nonprofit board management. Nov 30: Tuti Scott will explore "The Power of Generative Questions in Board Governance," offering a fresh perspective on fostering productive discussions and decision-making within nonprofit boards.$200.00+$5.00 service fee