Wed, Feb 08|
Legacy Building: Black Women Driving Innovation and Fueling the Future Through Venture
What does the future hold when we center Black women? What innovations are being discovered and how are Black women finding their power through venture?
Time & Location
Feb 08, 2023, 9:00 AM PST
About the Event
In 2022, Black founders raised $264 million as compared to $180 million the year prior. It's the golden era of Black women founders and funders, making it a great time for you to seize this opportunity!
Black women’s labor is central to our economy and yet the economic landscape does not center those efforts. This is particularly true in the VC world where Black women receive less than .5% of VC funding. So what does a new system look like? What does the future hold when we center Black women? How are Black women finding their power through venture?
Hear from this powerful group of Black women investors, founders, and VC leaders to tackle these questions from their personal experience inside this system.
- Mandy Bynum - Co-Founder & CEO, Race Equ(al)ity Project
- Julie Gordon White - Founder & CEO, Bossa Bars
- Winsome Kirton - Founder & CEO, Pack Elephant
- Himalaya Rao - Executive Director, Venture Partners Fund & Managing Director, The BFM Fund
- Lorine Pendleton - Lead Fund Partner, Portfolia, Rising America Fund
General Admission$30.00+$0.75 service feeSale ended