Wed, May 03|
Ground-Breaking Money Managers: Women to Know in Finance
Meet the women breaking into the 1.4%.
Time & Location
May 03, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM PDT
About the Event
Only 1.4% of money is managed by women and people of color and it’s time to change that. By 2030, it’s predicted that women will control 66% of US wealth, but have you ever thought about who will be managing that money?
You have the power through your investments to create the future and world you want to see. These four women are trailblazers in the finance industry, creating products and services that are focused on empowering women and underrepresented groups to take control of their finances and create a more equitable financial system. Join this dynamic conversation with:
- Patricia Lizarraga is the Managing Partner of Hypatia Capital Group, a private equity and venture capital firm that invests in women-led businesses and companies with a focus on gender diversity. In 2019, Hypatia Capital launched the first hedge fund focused on investing in women-led companies, with the goal of providing capital to businesses that have historically been underfunded.
- Kristin Hull, Founder & CEO, NIA Impact Capital is a leader in the impact investing space who is working to create positive change in the world by investing in companies that are making a difference. By using a gender-lens and intersectional approach, she is helping to promote greater diversity and inclusion in the finance industry, while also driving social and environmental impact.
- Valerie Red-Horse Mohl is a member of the Cherokee Nation and is the Co-Founder and President of Known Holdings, a financial services growth platform led by Black, Indigenous, Latinx and Asian American leaders focused on eliminating the racial wealth gap. She is also the founder and CEO of Red-Horse Financial Group, Inc., a Native American-owned finance company that specializes in capital formation, financial restructuring, and strategic advisory services.
- Lauren Kuntz, CEO & Co-Founder, Gaiascope, Gaiascope is a YC-backed energy startup providing electricity grid forecasts and renewable optimization to accelerate our transition to sustainable energy. Lauren has spent over a decade working on climate and energy problems - she was first introduced to the challenge of decarbonization as an undergraduate at MIT studying mechanical engineering and physics, and has continued to work on the problem ever since.
You will walk away from this ground-breaking panel with…
- The best questions you can ask to push for stronger representation of funds that invest in women and people of color
- Specific opportunities and ways you can take action and leverage the power of your investments to create a better world
- A deeper understanding of how to take control of your IRA
+$0.75 service fee
+$0.75 service fee0