Wed, Sep 07|
Corporate Board Readiness Workshop: Sept/Oct Series
Register for our 5-part series to discover if a corporate director role should be part of your next leadership step.
Time & Location
Sep 07, 2022, 8:00 AM PDT – Oct 05, 2022, 8:00 AM PDT
About the Event
Please note: One ticket includes all 5 sessions: 8:00-10:00 AM PDT
5-Part Virtual Corporate Board Training:
- Get Your Board Materials and Plan of Action Ready
- Learn Corporate Board Ins and Outs
- Meet Corporate Directors
- Get Samples and Written Guides
Facilitator: Britt Ide, Independent Corporate Board Director | ESG & Energy Expert
Session 1 (September 7):
The road to the corporate boardroom – getting started. A panel of corporate directors will share their journeys and insights.
- Why serve on a board?
- Assess your readiness
- What type of corporate board is right for you?
- How and why are the needs for board expertise changing.
- What is role of the BoD?
- Difference between board governance and management
- Ask Me Anything: breakouts with corporate director panelists (20 minutes)
Session 2 (September 14):
How to position yourself and be found as a board candidate. Board savvy advisors and corporate directors will share their insights.
- Difference between executive and board profiles
- Creating your board profile: value proposition, bio, resume and LinkedIn
- Pitching yourself
- How will boards find you?
- Networking: mapping your network & building allies for your board journey
Session 3 (September 21):
Target, evaluate, interview, and pitch for board opportunities. A panel of corporate directors will share their lessons learned.
- Reverse search – targeting companies & boards
- Doing your due diligence
- The interview processes
- Panelists share their value propositions
- Your value proposition & pitch practice breakout with peers (20 minutes)
Session 4 (September 28):
Our legal and insurance experts will walk through some key risk & reward issues for board service.
- Fiduciary requirements of a director
- Board compensation
- D&O and indemnification agreements
Your Draft Board Bio Submission is Due:
Session 5 (October 5):
Getting input on your board bio draft, reaching out to recruiters and organizations who look for board directors, and continuing your journey.
- Board members and advisors will join in each breakout group to provide feedback on your bio.
- Working with search firms and recruiters
- Board database and training organizations
- Workshop your board bio in small groups
- Joining a Mastermind group to continue your board journey
*All sessions are recorded and sent to participants for additional viewing.
Series Ticket$850.00+$21.25 service fee