Ascendo Venture Capital
- Female focused, Black focused, Latinx focused, Focus on DEI
- Early Stage, Seed, Series A
- B2B, Consumer, Education, Enterprise, Femtech, Finance, Fintech, Foodtech, Generalist, Health, Insurtech, Sustainability, Tech-enabled, Healthtech
About the firm:
Ascendo is a Latina led venture capital firm based in Miami transforming the investment landscape by providing access to capital to overlooked scalable companies. Ascendo invests in early-stage companies led by exceptional, Latin, Black or female founders nationwide, embracing diversity as a strategic advantage to drive innovation. The funding gap that currently exists within these segments represents one of the best investment opportunities in venture capital today. Ascendo invests in visionary diverse entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of businesses using disruptive technologies that address the growing demand of the Emerging Majority and that empower women as catalysts of economic growth. We look for companies driving digital transformation across Finance, Healthcare, Education, and the Future of Work.
We are in the midst of a major technological shift, as economic power and demographic growth converge, diverse founders are primed to address these needs. At Ascendo, we’re not just investors - we’re hands on partners. What sets us apart is our integrity and deep cultural affinity with founders, developed in over 20 years of operating and investing experience.
Join Ascendo to shape the future of industries and rewrite the rules of venture capital.
In summary, we are:
• a venture capital firm based in Miami investing in early-stage companies led by female, Latin or Black founders
• a diverse team of operators and investors, ready to provide in addition to capital, the business acumen needed to help entrepreneurs scale
• focused on post-revenue companies and looking to invest in Seed to Series A rounds
• generalists with a strong focus on industries where growth will also explode by targeting underserved demographics: fintech, edtech, health tech, software and select consumer
• seeking commitments for our first fund with a target of $50 million
Learn more about this firm by:
Set up a meeting: https://calendly.com/laura-jio/how-women-lead-ascendo-info
Accepts investors from outside the US: