Time & Location
Oct 27, 2022, 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM PDT
About the Event
Date & Time: October 27, 2022 8:30 - 9:30 am PT / 11:30 am - 12:30 pm ET
This talk will feature HWL member Gena Cox, Ph.D. author of Leading Inclusion: Drive Change Your Employees Can See and Feel (Page Two Books, October 11, 2022) and Lybra Clemons, Chief Diversity Officer, Twilio.
According to Gena, although we all know that human variation is normal, true inclusion that embraces these normal variations is elusive in the workplace.
Gena will share from Leading Inclusion, a “how-to-be” book, that educates, challenges, and empowers the C-suite and board to lead inclusion from the top of their organizations. Following along as Gena & Lybra have fireside chat and an audience Q&A.
Topics to be discussed include:
- The primary reasons organizations do not seem to be progressing on D.E.I.
- Why Gena believes there really is no such thing as “D.E.I.”
- How the term "REDI" could take the place of D.E.I. and make the most important employee outcome more explicit
- How leaders can act to make the changes employees are waiting to see and feel
Gena Cox, Ph.D.’s bio:
DR. GENA COX is an organizational psychologist, executive coach, and speaker. She coaches corporate leaders, start-up executives, and board directors to enhance their leadership impact in disrupted workplaces - - and build the inclusive organizations their employees deserve. Gena is active in leadership roles in the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology. National publications, including Harvard Business Review, Fortune, and Fast Company, have featured her ideas. Gena holds a Ph.D. in industrial and organizational psychology and is a professional certified coach (International Coach Federation)
Early praise for Leading Inclusion:
"An outstanding source of information and advice for leaders who want to build inclusive work environments. It may also prove extremely beneficial for faculty and students of business administration schools. Highly recommended."
- LIBRARY JOURNAL (Starred review, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
"... nuanced and personalized, reflecting deep understanding of the challenges implicit in addressing racial tensions in workplaces."
-FOREWORD CLARION REVIEWS (5 out of 5 stars)
"Gena Cox uses an uncommon blend of storytelling, psychological science, and leadership insights to show how to lead inclusion for your company."
-DORIE CLARK, Wall Street Journal-bestselling author, The Long Game; executive education faculty, Duke University's Fuqua School of Business
- Gena Cox, Ph.D., Author, Leading Inclusion: Drive Change Your Employees Can See and Feel, Organizational Psychologist and Executive Coach
- Lybra Clemons, Chief Diversity Officer, Twilio
- Diane Jones Lowrey Head of Diversity, Equality, Inclusion & Belonging, Common Sense Media; Torad Consulting
- Jill Hetherington Senior VP, Newfront
- Robin Tompkins, CEO & Consultant, Olive Hill
- Susan Lucas-Conwell Board Director, Global Director
- Lisen Stromberg, CEO / Co-Founder, PrismWork
- Sabrina Ashjian, Founder, Ashjian Business Consulting; Law Lecturer & Clinical Supervising Attorney, University of California, Berkeley
General Admission$25.00+$0.63 service fee