Fri, Jan 13|
Corporate Board Readiness Workshop: January/Feb Series
Register for our 5-part series to discover if a corporate director role should be part of your next leadership step.
Time & Location
Jan 13, 2023, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM PST
About the Event
Please note: One ticket includes all 5 sessions: 8:00-10:00 AM PDT
5-Part Virtual Corporate Board Training:
- Get Your Board Materials and Plan of Action Ready
- Learn Corporate Board Ins and Outs
- Meet Corporate Directors
- Get Samples and Written Guides
Facilitator: Nancy Sheppard, Founder & CEO, Women2Boards; Board Coach, The Athena Alliance
- Lake Dai, Board Director, Kubit and GIA
- Vanessa Small, Board Director, EDNA LIFE
- Anddria Clack, Board Director, Beach House Group, Red Robin, Umpqua Bank
- Evelyn Dilsaver, Board Director, Tempur Sealy, QuidelOrtho, Health Equity, Bailard Real Estate Trust
- Essye Miller, Board Director, Corporate Office Properties Trust, MetroStar Systems LLC
- Jennifer McFarlane, Board Director, TruTag Technologies, Blue Planet Systems
- Sonita Lontoh, Board Director, Sunrun, Trueblue
- Katrinka McCallum, Board Director, Remini Street, Intrusion, North Carolina Board of Science, Technology, and Innovation
- Jessica Denecour, Board Director, Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Session 1 (January 13):
The road to the corporate boardroom – getting started. A panel of corporate directors will share their journeys and insights.
- Why serve on a board?
- Assess your readiness
- What type of corporate board is right for you?
- How and why are the needs for board expertise changing.
- What is role of the BoD?
- Difference between board governance and management
- Ask Me Anything: breakouts with corporate director panelists (20 minutes)
Session 2 (January 20):
How to position yourself and be found as a board candidate. Board savvy advisors and corporate directors will share their insights.
- Difference between executive and board profiles
- Creating your board profile: value proposition, bio, resume and LinkedIn
- Pitching yourself
- How will boards find you?
- Networking: mapping your network & building allies for your board journey
Session 3 (January 27):
Target, evaluate, interview, and pitch for board opportunities. A panel of corporate directors will share their lessons learned.
- Reverse search – targeting companies & boards
- Doing your due diligence
- The interview processes
- Panelists share their value propositions
- Your value proposition & pitch practice breakout with peers (20 minutes)
Session 4 (February 3 ):
Our legal and insurance experts will walk through some key risk & reward issues for board service.
- Fiduciary requirements of a director
- Board compensation
- D&O and indemnification agreements
Your Draft Board Bio Submission is Due:
Session 5 (February 17):
Getting input on your board bio draft, reaching out to recruiters and organizations who look for board directors, and continuing your journey.
- Board members and advisors will join in each breakout group to provide feedback on your bio.
- Working with search firms and recruiters
- Board database and training organizations
- Workshop your board bio in small groups
- Joining a Mastermind group to continue your board journey
*All sessions are recorded and sent to participants for additional viewing.
Series Ticket$850.00+$21.25 service fee