Fri, Apr 22|
Corporate Board Readiness Workshop: April/May Series
Register for our 5-part series to discover if a corporate director role should be part of your next leadership step.
Time & Location
Apr 22, 2022, 8:00 AM PDT – May 20, 2022, 8:00 AM PDT
About the Event
Please note: One ticket includes all 5 sessions: 8:00-10:00 AM PDT
Board Director Speakers:
- Britt Ide: NorthWestern Energy, Atlis Motor Vehicles, CleanTech Acquisition
- Joyce Cacho: Sunrise Banks, World Benchmarking Alliance
- Sheila Hooda: Enact Holdings, Inc., ScION Tech Growth Special Acquisition Company Program , Mutual of Omaha Insurance Co.
- Vanessa Small: EDNA.Life
- Millicent Tracey: California Bank of Commerce, Park Place Payments
- Lake Dai: Elemind Technologies (Neurotechnology), Venti Technologies (Autonomous Driving)
- Sue Harnett: Life Storage, Oriental
- Shannon Nash: UserTesting
- Robin Toft: Syapse, T2 Biosystems
- Sheri Miksa: Athena Global Advisors, GLEAM Network, CVCA Cardiac Care for Pets, (formerly) Healthy Dining, Boneheads, Vitamix, Robeks Juice Franchise Corporation, Safeway Restaurant Group, Rubio's Restaurants, Inc.
Board & Candidate Advisor Speakers
- Adriana Azuri: The Azuri Group
- Julia Vax: Arnold & Porter LLP
- Deirdre Finn: ABD Insurance & Financial Services
5-Part Virtual Corporate Board Training:
- Get Your Board Materials and Plan of Action Ready
- Learn Corporate Board Ins and Outs
- Meet Corporate Directors
- Get Samples and Written Guides
Facilitator: Nancy Sheppard, Women2Boards/The Athena Alliance
Session 1 (April 22):
The road to the corporate boardroom – getting started. A panel of corporate directors will share their journeys and insights.
- Why serve on a board?
- Assess your readiness
- What type of corporate board is right for you?
- How and why are the needs for board expertise changing.
- What is role of the BoD?
- Difference between board governance and management
- Ask Me Anything: breakouts with corporate director panelists (20 minutes)
Session 2 (April 29):
How to position yourself and be found as a board candidate. Board savvy advisors and corporate directors will share their insights.
- Difference between executive and board profiles
- Creating your board profile: value proposition, bio, resume and LinkedIn
- Pitching yourself
- How will boards find you?
- Networking: mapping your network & building allies for your board journey
Session 3 (May 6):
Target, evaluate, interview, and pitch for board opportunities. A panel of corporate directors will share their lessons learned.
- Reverse search – targeting companies & boards
- Doing your due diligence
- The interview processes
- Panelists share their value propositions
- Your value proposition & pitch practice breakout with peers (20 minutes)
Session 4 (May 13):
Our legal and insurance experts will walk through some key risk & reward issues for board service.
- Fiduciary requirements of a director
- Board compensation
- D&O and indemnification agreements
Your Draft Board Bio Submission is Due:
Session 5 (May 20):
Getting input on your board bio draft, reaching out to recruiters and organizations who look for board directors, and continuing your journey.
- Board members and advisors will join in each breakout group to provide feedback on your bio.
- Working with search firms and recruiters (20)
- Board database and training organizations (20)
- Workshop your board bio in small groups (1 hour)
- Joining a Mastermind group to continue your board journey
*All sessions are recorded and sent to participants for additional viewing.