Fri, Apr 21|
Corporate Board Readiness Workshop: April/May
Register for our 5-part series to discover if a corporate director role should be part of your next leadership step.
Time & Location
Apr 21, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM PDT
About the Event
Please note: One ticket includes all 5 sessions: 8:00-10:00 AM PDT
5-Part Virtual Corporate Board Training:
- Get Your Board Materials and Plan of Action Ready
- Learn Corporate Board Ins and Outs
- Meet Corporate Directors
- Get Samples and Written Guides
Facilitator: Nancy Sheppard, Founder & CEO, Women2Boards; Board Coach, The Athena Alliance
- Barbara Nelson, Board Director: Omniscient Neurotechnology (o8t), GSI Technology, Backblaze
- Gayle Crowell, Board Director: Instinct Science, Envestnet, GTreasury, Pliant Therapeutics, Hercules Capital, Inc.
- Renu Agrawal, Board Director: Luther Burbank Corp; Woodruff Sawyer; Allvue Systems Former EVP, Wells Fargo Bank
- Millicent Tracey, Board Director: California Bank of Commerce, Park Place Payments
- Adriana Azuri, Executive & Board Strategy Coach, Azuri Group
- Robin Toft, Board Director, T2 Biosystems, Syapse ; Global Life Sciences & Boardroom Diversity Advisor, ZRG Partners
- Sue Harnett, Board Director, American Enterprise Group, Inc., Goalsetter, Life Storage, Oriental
- Jennifer Lee, Board Director, Enzyme by Design
- Julia Vax, Former Partner, Arnold & Porter LLP
- Diedre Finn, ABD Insurance & Financial Services
- Vanessa Small, Board Member, EDNA.LIFE
Session 1 (April 14):
The road to the corporate boardroom – getting started. A panel of corporate directors will share their journeys and insights.
- Why serve on a board?
- Assess your readiness
- What type of corporate board is right for you?
- How and why are the needs for board expertise changing.
- What is role of the BoD?
- Difference between board governance and management
- Ask Me Anything: breakouts with corporate director panelists (20 minutes)
Session 2 (April 21):
How to position yourself and be found as a board candidate. Board savvy advisors and corporate directors will share their insights.
- Difference between executive and board profiles
- Creating your board profile: value proposition, bio, resume and LinkedIn
- Pitching yourself
- How will boards find you?
- Networking: mapping your network & building allies for your board journey
Session 3 (April 28):
Target, evaluate, interview, and pitch for board opportunities. A panel of corporate directors will share their lessons learned.
- Reverse search – targeting companies & boards
- Doing your due diligence
- The interview processes
- Panelists share their value propositions
- Your value proposition & pitch practice breakout with peers (20 minutes)
Session 4 (May 5):
Our legal and insurance experts will walk through some key risk & reward issues for board service.
- Fiduciary requirements of a director
- Board compensation
- D&O and indemnification agreements
Your Draft Board Bio Submission is Due:
Session 5 (May 12):
Getting input on your board bio draft, reaching out to recruiters and organizations who look for board directors, and continuing your journey.
- Board members and advisors will join in each breakout group to provide feedback on your bio.
- Working with search firms and recruiters
- Board database and training organizations
- Workshop your board bio in small groups
- Joining a Mastermind group to continue your board journey
*All sessions are recorded and sent to participants for additional viewing.
+$21.25 service fee
+$21.25 service fee0