Corporate Board Readiness Workshop: August/September Series
Time & Location
About the Event
Please note: One ticket includes all 4 sessions: 8:00-10:00 AM PST on Aug 11, Aug 18, Sept 1, Sept 8
4-part Virtual Corporate Board Training:
- Get Your Board Materials and Plan of Action Ready
- Learn Corporate Board Ins and Outs
- Meet Corporate Directors
Facilitator: Nancy Sheppard, Women2Boards/The Athena Alliance
Session 1 (Aug 11):
The Road to the Corporate Boardroom - What You Need to Know to Get You Started on this Path
- Why serve on a board?
- Assess your readiness.
- What type of corporate board is right for you?
- What does a board member do?
- How and why are the needs for board expertise changing
- How will the board find you?
Session 2 (Aug 18):
- Your Board Roadmap
- Writing Your Board Bio - Adriana Azuri, The Azuri Group
- Value Proposition
- Building allies for your board journey
- Due diligence onboard positions
- The interview process
Session 3 (Sept 1):
- Fiduciary requirements of a director
- Board compensation
- Difference between board governance and management
- D&O and indemnification agreements
Session 4 (Sept 8):
You will come to this final session with a draft 1-page bio-based upon the format we recommend in Session 2.
- Targets for your board search.
- Map your network for your board journey.
- Workshop your board bio and value proposition in small groups with a board savvy advocate.
- Joining a MasterMind group to continue your board journey.
*All sessions are recorded and sent to participants for additional viewing.
- Series Ticket$750$7500$0