Best Practices for Evaluating Startup Pitches
Time & Location
About the Event
Are you looking to make your first investment or strengthen your pitch-vetting skills? Evaluating a company, especially a startup, is both an art and a science. Join Nancy Hayes to learn best practices for sizing up a company and its founder before you invest. If you are mentoring a company, this information can help you guide an entrepreneur who is preparing a presentation.
During the session, you will learn:
- What angels are looking for in a company
- What makes a good entrepreneur presentation
- How to evaluate entrepreneur presentations
- What questions you should be asking
* This course can be taken with or without Startups, Women, & Wealth: Getting Started with Angel and Venture Investing.
Nancy Hayes, Angel Investor l Advisor to Women Entrepreneurs | Management Consultant l Executive Coach
Nancy has served as a senior executive at the IBM Corporation, CEO of 2 social services non-profit organizations, Dean of the College of Business at San Francisco State University, and then Vice President of Finance / CFO of that university. She co-founded a crowdfunding site for women with small businesses. She is an active angel investor with a portfolio of more than 25 women-led companies and serves as a mentor to many entrepreneurs.
- General Admission$30$300$0